The clues behind the #destinationunknown campaign revealing inspirations behind our new editions.
The first unknown destination: Inle Lake, Myanmar, inspiration for the Kamal Lagoon print on the Hitched Hikers.
1. Small boat - the main mode of transport used by locals, often rowing while balancing on just one leg
2. Endemic speicies - over twenty species of snails and nine species of fishes are found nowhere else in the world but in Inle Lake.
3. Bamboo - most locals live in house made of wood and woven bamboo stilts.
4. Buddhist accessories - locals are devout Buddhists.
5. Shan bag - tote bag used daily by locals.
6. Lotus - lotus plant fibres are used to produce fabric that is unique to Inle Lake.
Fun, flirty and functional, these hikers are fit for walking, lounging, and shimmying your way down almost any path you choose. Inspired by the Bloomer which was a symbol of women’s rights in the 1850s and which paved the way for metaphorical and literal freedom, this updated version comes with a flat fronted waistband, hitched at the sides for a flattering silhouette. The four button closure means it can be worn high or low, teamed with heels and a snazzy top for the evenings or a slouchy top and casual kicks for every day use.
© 2017 MATTER Pte Ltd