On 24 April 2016 , Fashion Revolution Day, people in over 70 countries around the world will
challenge the global fashion brands to demonstrate commitment to transparency across the
length of the value chain, from farmers to factory workers, brands to buyers and consumers. Watch this clip as we join the movement with influencers such as Culture Enthusiast/Branding Consultant Tracy Philips, Model Nadia Ramat, Dragos Necula and Yumiko Ono founders of Etrican, and more.
KNOW THE FACTS
Transparency is important because it shows a company’s willingness to be held accountable for its supply chain and this builds up public trust. Today’s fashion industry has led to excess, has changed the way we consume clothes, creating immense stress along the industry supply chain:
1. The world manufactures 80 billion garments a year.
2. Fashion and textiles is one of the most labour dependent industries on the planet.
3. The industry is the 2nd most polluting after oil and agriculture, while ~8,000 different synthetic chemicals are used globally to turn raw materials into textiles.
4. 17-20% of industrial water pollution comes from textile dying and treatment.
5. Singapore disposed of >150,000 t of textiles in 2014.
At MATTER we believe that people will make good choices if they have equal alternatives, and if provenance was made transparent. In the days leading to 24 April, we encourage everyone to join the movement by posting a photo wearing our clothes #insideout and ask #whomademyclothes. Don’t forget to tag us at @matterprints.
Special thanks to:
Tracy Phillips - Creative Consultant
Stephanie Dickson and Jerald Lim - The Wedge Asia: Founders
Adeline Loo - It Takes Balls: Founder
Sandra Marichal - Branding Consultant
Wuen Tan and Eliza Inoue - Touch the Toes: Founders
Stephanie Crespin - Style Tribute: Founders
Nadia Rahmat - Model
Olivia Choong - Green Drinks Singapore: Founder
Dragos Necula and Yumiko Uno - Etrican: Founders
Hanna Hillila - Matter: Creative Director
Linda Hao: Yesah: Founder
Connected Threads Asia
Red Dot Studio
Impact Hub Singapore
© 2017 MATTER Pte Ltd